Sirui's S-1205-N Carbon Fiber Tripod weighs 2.2 lb and can support up to 26.4 lb. The S-1205-N has individual leg spreading capability for low angles or uneven terrain. Besides the standard center column a short center column is included which allows the tripod to squat way down. And it reverses for even lower perspectives. The icing on the cake is a removable leg that converts to a monopod. And when the shoot is over the S-1205-N won't take up much space either. It folds flat to a mere 1.6" thick.
- 8 Layers of Carbon Fiber for Superior Load Capacity
- The use of 100% carbon fiber and 8 cross pattern layers makes Sirui tripods and monopods capable of supporting impressive load capacities, while providing a lightweight product. In addition to providing high strength and low weight, carbon fiber is also highly resistant to temperature changes, friction (no need for lubrication) and corrosion.
- Custom Anodized Surface Treatment
- All Sirui products undergo a special anodized surface treatment that makes any metal surfaces highly resistant to wear and increases durability and weather resistance. Anodizing is an environmentally safe electrochemical process. This also prepares the surface to provide better adhesion of colored finishes.
- Temperature Tolerance Test
- Photographers often work in extreme environments, like blazing deserts or sub-zero mountaintops. It is vital that your equipment works under these conditions. That is why all of these products are "torture-tested" under conditions that far exceed what most people will ever experience: -40 - 212°F (-40 - 100°C).
- Certified Longevity Tests for Quality and Reliability
- To confirm the quality and reliability of Sirui tripods (and dedication to details), an independent testing lab (SGS) subjected the leg angle lock spring mechanisms to exhaustive longevity tests. The test reports show that even after 100,000 actuations, the springs continued to perform perfectly.
- Short Center Column
- Allows low angle shooting for unique perspectives and macro photography.
- Precision Leg Tubes
- The difference in diameter of leg tubes is only 3mm from tube to retracted tube. Thanks to precision manufacturing, the legs open and close easily, while the small diameter difference provides added leg stability.
- Half-turn Leg Locks
- To lock the legs of Sirui tripods/monopods, twisting locks are utilized for maximum reliability and stability. Simply twist the rubber leg locks 1/2 turn and the legs will extend by themselves.
- Unique Locking System
- The Sirui S-N series tripods have a unique leg position locking system that clicks in place when the tripod is opened. This guarantees that the tripod legs will be properly positioned -providing a rugged, stable support for your equipment. Simply open the tripod in the direction of the arrows until it clicks into place. When you're done shooting, press the red unlock button and close the tripod flat.
- Non-Twist Center Column/Legs
- All Sirui center columns and legs have keyed, grooved channels that prevent twisting, providing additional stability and safety for your photographic equipment.
- Converts to Monopod
- The detachable leg lets you transform your tripod into a monopod, reducing the amount of equipment you need to carry and makes your camera bag or backpack lighter.
Maximum Height Tripod: 55.5" (141 cm)
Monopod: 61.7" (156.6 cm)
Maximum Height w/o Column Extended Tripod: 47.2" (120 cm) Minimum Height 7" (18 cm) Folded Length Length: 17.7" (45 cm)
Depth: 1.6" (4 cm)
Leg Tube Diameters Maximum: 0.98" (25 mm)
Minimum: 0.51" (13 mm)
Load Capacity 26.4 lb (12 kg) Leg Sections 5 Leg Lock Type 1/2 Turn leg locks Independent Leg Spread Yes Center Column Sections Standard: 2, short column: 1 Center Column Type Rapid Center Brace No Head Type None Head Mount Thread Size Reversible 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 Weight 2.2 lb (1.0 kg)